Our Vision and Mission
Vision: to see Ethiopia where the human, material and financial resources; socioeconomic conditions; and environment exist and communities enjoy highest quality of health.
Mission: to promote public health practice, policies, and systems through empowering association members by improving the quality of pre-service and in-service trainings, improving career structure, providing a forum for sharing research and practices, and serving as a base for leadership development, networking, and action.
Within the framework of global and national health initiatives and its mission the association will primarily work to achieve the following objectives
- To promote public health officer profession and strengthen the role of public health officers in public health practice and research
- To bridge between practicing public health officers and policy makers on issues related to members benefits, carrier structure and other related businesses.
- To foster and maintain networking and linkage with other like-minded associations and partners in order to work towards improving access and quality of health care and services in the country
- To enhance knowledge and skills of public health officers through supporting the strengthening of pre-service and in-service short & long term trainings and facilitating continuous technical support
- Nurture the culture among public health officers of documenting best practices, conducting researches, disseminating evidences, and basing public health plans and decisions on evidences.